Jump to recipe
Recipe for Avocado Chicken Salad – This quick and easy chicken salad recipe is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. It’s a simple salad of chicken, avocado and mixed greens that are lightly tossed with olive oil and fresh lime juice.
- 2 avocados
- 150-200g (5-7 ounces) chicken breast or thigh, skinless and boneless
- 100g (3.5 ounces) mixed salad, roughly shredded
- A handful of cherry tomatoes, cut to half or quarter
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or slightly more
- 2-3 limes or add to taste
- A dash of black pepper or mixed herbs
- Season chicken breast with a little salt and pepper then place in a pot of boiling water until cooked. Leave to cool and cut into cubes, set aside.
- Cut avocados into cubes.
- Place mixed salad in a large bowl and add olive oil and lime juice, toss well and divide mixed salad into two serving bowls.
- Place avocados, chicken meat and cherry tomatoes evenly on top of salad.
- Drizzle mayonnaise and a dash of black pepper over salad and serve
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY