Recipe: Watermelon Ice Pops
- 4 1/2 cups watermelon chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- Put the watermelon chunks on a cutting board. If you see any black seeds in your watermelon chunks, use the point of a paring knife to carefully poke them out.
- In a blender container, combine the watermelon chunks, sugar and salt. (Salt might seem like a strange ingredient to add to a dessert, but it actually helps make the flavor of the watermelon more intense.)
- Cover the blender with the lid and hold it down while you blend on high speed until the mixture is liquid (some small chunks of melon are okay).
- Pour the mixture into a glass-measuring cup with a spout, and then divide the mixture evenly among 8 frozen fruit pop molds. Insert the sticks.
- Freeze the ice pops for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Run the molds under warm water for 30 seconds to release the pops. Eat the pops right away! Makes 8 pops.