Jump to recipe
Wacky Watermelon Cheesecake
The crusty bottom
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup ginger snaps
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, melted
The inner madness
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces white chocolate (grated)
- 1 cup chopped watermelon (water extracted on kitchen towel)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
The crusty madness:
- Place first three ingredients in food processor. Process until fine and add butter – blending until all combined. Press into the bottom of a 10-inch spring form pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the cream cheese in a mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar. Add whole eggs and yolks, 1 at a time, beating well at low speed and scraping bowl after each one is added. Add the flour and watermelon syrup until combined and looking darling. Then add grated chocolate. Place the raspberries and chopped watermelon over the crust and then pour the cheesecake mixture over the watermelon and raspberries. Bake in the middle of oven, 45 to 55 minutes. I also like to place pan of water in the bottom of the oven. It prevents the cake from cracking.
- Remember the cake is still cooking when it comes out of the oven. Let it cool for several hours, then refrigerate for a couple hours. This recipe will blow the socks off anybody’s sweet palate.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of National Watermelon Promotion Board