The traditional Greek Salad is a fresh, tasty and satisfying meal, which is wonderful on it’s own or as side dish.
The traditional Greek Salad is a fresh, tasty and satisfying meal, which is wonderful on it's own or as side dish.
- 1 cucumber
- 3 middle-sized tomatoes
- 1 red or green pepper
- 200 g (about 1 cup) Feta cheese
- 4 lettuce leaves
- A handful of Kalamata olives
- 1 red onion
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- Dice the cucumber, pepper and tomatoes in a bowl and season them with finely grated sea salt and olive oil. Take two plates and lay two lettuce leaves in each. Separate the vegetables in the plates.
- Slice the onion finely and put it on top of the plates.
- Put equal amount of Kalamata olives in both portions.
- Dice the cheese and put it on top of the two salads.
- Sprinkle oregano all over the full plates and drizzle a little more olive oil on top.
- This amount of salad will be enough for two full-grown people to feed well. Enjoy!