Toasted Coconut Banana Bread with Pecans
- 1/2 cup – Oil
- 1 cup – Brown sugar,packed
- 2 – Eggs
- 3 – Ripe bananas (1½ cups mashed)
- ½ cup – Buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon – vanilla extract
- 1 cup – Whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 cup – All purpose flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon – Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon – Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon – Salt
- 3/4 cup – Coconut(desiccated or fresh)
- 1/4 cup – Pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon – Chia seeds (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons – Coconut(desiccated or fresh)
- 1/4 Cup – Whole Pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Take a heavy bottomed pan toast the coconut until they turn golden brown. Set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside
- In the stand mixer bowl add brown sugar, eggs and oil and beat on medium speed until all ingredients have been incorporated.
- Add buttermilk, vanilla and mashed bananas and beat again.
- Now add the dry ingredients to the wet little by little. Make sure that you run the mixer on slow speed else you will have flour all over!
- Mix in the toasted coconut, pecans and chia seeds.
- Transfer the batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Top the loaf with coconut and pecans
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the inserted toothpick comes out clean.