- 8 1/2 oz. carrots (grated)
- 4 1/4 oz. crushed pineapples (drained)
- 2 oz. raisins (lightly chopped)
- 2 oz. walnuts (toasted, cooled and chopped coarsely)
- 8 1/2 oz. self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoons nutmeg powder
- 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 7 oz. castor sugar
- 180 ml cooking oil
- Sift the flour with baking soda and baking powder. Add castor sugar.
- Beat eggs lightly in a separate bowl. Add in vanilla extract.
- Pour egg mixture into the flour and stir well. Then add grated carrots followed by cooking oil. Add in the pineapple and stir well.
- Then add in the raisins and walnuts.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured tray and bake in a preheated oven at 340F for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand to cool before applying a thin layer of frosting.
- Cake is best served chilled.
- Beat cream cheese and butter in a bowl using a hand-held or an electric mixer. Beat on low speed till blended. Gradually add icing sugar (sifted) and continue beating until smooth.
- Add vanilla extract and lemon zest and beat till well combined.
Recipe and Photo: Delicious Asian Food / CC BY