Jump to recipe
Sweetie Pies Mac and Cheese
- 8 to 10 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 pound Velveeta, cut into small chunks
- 8 ounces Colby-Jack cheese (or 4 ounces Colby and 4 ounces Monterey Jack), shredded
- 4 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup shredded American or mild Cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; cook pasta according to package directions, just until al dente. (Do not overcook.) Drain well; place in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan.
- In the pasta pot, combine whole milk, evaporated milk and eggs; whisk in salt to taste, pepper and sugar, mixing until thoroughly combined. Pour milk mixture over macaroni.
- Add butter, Velveeta, Colby-Jack and sharp Cheddar cheeses. Stir well. Sprinkle the top with American or mild Cheddar cheese.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until top is lightly browned.
Recipe Courtesy of: Sweetie Pie’s Restaurant
Photo Courtesy of: jazzijava / flickr / CC BY-NC-ND