FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup Israeli couscous
- 1 TBSP Pepper
- 1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- 1½ cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth (use vegetable stock to make this dish vegan)
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 2 ears of corn, shucked and cleaned
- ½ cup basil
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 2 Clementine Oranges
- ½ lemon
- 1½ TBSP Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1½ TBSP Olive Oil
- 1½ TBSP Dijon Mustard
- Add water to a large pot over high heat. Bring to a boil and then add corn. Cook until tender, about 10-12 min. Remove from water and let cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, add 1½ cup of chicken broth, pepper and garlic powder. Bring to a boil and add couscous. Cover and lower heat to low and let simmer until al dente, about 12 minutes.
- Make dressing. In a small bowl, squeeze juice out of lemon and clementines. Add vinegar, oil and mustard. Whisk together until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Halve cherry tomatoes, slice avocado into cubes and roughly chop basil. Hold corn upright and run a large knife down the side to remove corn kernels.
- Add corn,tomatoes, basil,avocado and dressing to couscous. Mix until combined. Either serve or refrigerate and serve cold.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY