Stir-fried Chicken and Noodles
- 4 packs instant wheat noodles (100 g each)
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 big onion, sliced
- 2 carrot, julienned
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-2 tbsp of soy sauce
- salt to taste
- sesame oil
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, heat 2 tbsp of sesame oil, toss the chicken and the ginger and stir-fry for 5 minutes or unitl browned. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry peppers and carrots in remaining oil for another 5 minutes. Add cabbage, onions and garlic; stir-fry 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, bring salted water to boil in a pot. Add the noodles and cook for 2 mn only. Place them in cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain.
- Stir the noodles into vegetable mixture. Return chicken to the pan; cook and stir until heated through.
- Add the soy sauce, season with salt and mix.
Recipe and Photo: Chicho’s Kitchen / CC BY