Jump to recipe
- 2 small cloves Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- 1/4 Cup fresh Lemon Juice
- 400 grams can Chick Peas, drained – liquid reserved, peeled
- Olive Oil, Paprika, Mint Sprig – to garnish
- Place the garlic and salt in a food processor and pulse until garlic is finely chopped. Add the tahini and lemon juice, and process until the tahini has lightened (almost whitened) in color. Add the chick peas, and process into a smooth paste. If the hummus is too thick, add some of the reserved chick pea liquid, one tablespoon at a time, and continue to process until smooth.
- To serve, spread on 1 large plate, or a series of smaller plates. Drizzle with some olive oil, sprinkle with paprika, and garnish with a sprig of mint.
Recipe and Photo credit: For the Love of Food / CC BY-NC