Jump to recipe
Sage Rubbed Pork Chops With Wild Mushroom Sauce
- 2 teaspoons Rubbed Sage
- 3/4 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 6 pork chops (3/4–inch thick), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Thyme Leaves
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (such as shiitake or cremini sliced)
- Blend sage, ginger and pepper. Rub evenly on both sides of chops.
- In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Remove chops from skillet; keep warm. Add broth, vinegar, garlic powder and thyme to skillet, scraping browned bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in mushrooms.
- Lower heat to medium; simmer about 15 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Spoon mushrooms and sauce over chops.
Recipe and Photo: McCormick & Company