Recipe: Potato and Olive Salad
- 1 Lb. (about 9 small) potatoes
- 60ml (1/4 cup) olive oil, plus extra to brush
- 100g (about 20) kalamata olives, pitted, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups watercress sprigs
- Place potatoes in a saucepan of cold, salted water; bring to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes or until just tender. Drain; cool for 5 minutes, then cut in half lengthwise. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine oil, olives, parsley and garlic in a large bowl and season with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. Preheat a barbecue, chargrill pan, or frying pan to medium-high. Lightly brush the cut sides of the potatoes with oil, then cook for 2 minutes each side or until charred/browned. Immediately add the potatoes to the olive mixture and toss well to combine. Stir through watercress. Serve warm.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of jamieanne on flickr / CC BY-ND