Nutty Pumpkin Waffles
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup chopped nuts, reserve some for topping, if desired
- COMBINE flour, sugar, cornstarch, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger and nutmeg in large bowl. Combine egg yolks, milk and pumpkin in medium bowl; mix well. Add to flour mixture. Stir in butter. Beat egg whites in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gently fold into pumpkin mixture.
- PREHEAT waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions. Depending on size of waffle iron, pour 1/2 cup to 1 1/2 cups batter onto hot iron. Generously sprinkle with nuts. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes or until steaming stops. Repeat with remaining batter and nuts. Serve with Pumpkin Maple Sauce.
- For Pumpkin Maple Sauce: HEAT 1 1/4 cups Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin, 1 cup maple syrup and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon in small saucepan until warm.
Recipe and Photo: Libby’s 100% Pure Pumpkin