Lemon BBQ Chicken
- 1 chicken, 2 to 3 pounds
- 2 whole lemons, halved
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- Split the chicken in 2.
- Rub all over with a lemon half.
- Combine the salt, pepper and paprika and sprinkle it over the chicken halves on both sides.
- Mix the melted butter with the thyme.
- Spear a lemon half on a fork, dip it in the butter mixture and use it to baste the chicken skin.
- Place the chicken on the BBQ grill 3 inches from the coals and grill for a total of 25 to 30 minutes, turning often, until tender.
- Keep the butter warm.
- Use the same lemon half to baste the chicken often.
- This will make the skin crisp and tasty while flavoring the chicken.