Italian-style Ground Turkey Meatloaf
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 medium apple peeled and cored and finely shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup fine dry seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound lean ground turkey breast
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg whites, garlic, basil, salt, rosemary and red pepper. Then stir in the apples, onions and bread crumbs.
- Add the turkey and mix until well combined.
- Spray a 7 1/2-by-3 1/2-by-2-inch or 8-by-4-by-2-inch loaf pan with no-stick spray. Pat the turkey mixture into the pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Spread the spaghetti sauce over the top of the turkey. Bake about 25 minutes more or until the turkey is no longer pink. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the loaf to a serving plate. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top. Slice and serve.