Jump to recipe
Homemade Baked Chicken Chimichangas
- 2 1/2 cups Chicken, cooked, shredded
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic, cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Chili powder
- 16 ounces Salsa (choice of hotness)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- pinch of Salt,(if necessary)
- 6 10 inch flour tortillas nice flexible ones. If stiff, warm before filling
- 1 cup Refried beans
- Olive oil (for basting)
- In large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in chili powder, salsa, cumin and cinnamon. Stir in shredded chicken. Let cool.
- Heat oven to 450. Grease rimmed 15 x 10 x 1 baking pan. Working with one tortilla at a time, spoon a heaping tablespoon of beans down center of each tortilla. Top with a scant 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture. Fold up the bottom, top and sides of tortilla; secure with wooden toothpicks if necessary.
- Place chimichangas in greased baking pan, seam side down. Brush all sides with the oil.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, turning every 5 minutes.
Recipe: Foodista / CC BY
Photo: Terwilliger911 on flickr / CC BY