- A package of your favorite small tomato, in this case I used baby heirlooms from Trader Joe’s
- 5-6 basil leaves
- bite size or cherry size mozzerella balls
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- coarse salt (I used pink salt)
- optional, bread for toast
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella, not too thin! Rip the basil leaves into sections about the same size as your tomatoes.
- Alternate layers of tomato, mozzarella, and basil. Sprinkle a little salt and grind some pepper. Repeat until you’ve reached the top of your jar.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil to each jar. I like a lot of vinegar, so I slowly poured it on until the jar was about 1/4 full of vinegar. Cap and store in the fridge for 1-3 days. Serve with warm toast!
Recipe and Photo: rvt1985 / CC BY-NC-SA