- 1 5 to 5.5 lb whole chicken
- 1 large onion, quartered
- baby carrots
- 2 celery stalks, cut in thirds
- 2 lemons, quartered
- herbes de provence
- a few fresh rosemary sprigs
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Place one of the lemons, the onion, a couple handfuls of baby carrots and the celery in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the chicken on top of the veggies.
- Rub olive oil all over the chicken then season generously with the herbes de provence, salt and pepper. Place the second lemon and a couple sprigs of rosemary into the cavity of the chicken.
- Rough chop the last sprig of rosemary and sprinkle over the top of the chicken.
- Roast for approx. 2 hours or until the internal temp of the breast is 180 degrees and the thigh around 190 degrees. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY