Jump to recipe
This easy Chicken Cordon Bleu is a family favorite stuffed with ham and melted cheese! An easy to make and elegant entree.
Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
This easy Chicken Cordon Bleu is a family favorite stuffed with ham and melted cheese! An easy to make and elegant entree
- 4 pieces chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 4 pieces ham
- 4 slices cheddar cheese, (and I sliced it into sticks)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground peppercorn
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs- add 1/8 tsp paprika and 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 8 smalls butter, cubed into pieces (optional)
- Pre-heat oven into 350°F
- Gently pound the chicken breast into 1/4 thickness using a meat mallet.
- Season the chicken meat – sprinkle salt and ground pepper on both sides.
- Place 1 ham and 2 cheese sticks on top of each breast (but I prefer putting on another 2 cheese sticks! i love cheese!) Roll up each breast an secure with a toothpick.
- Dredge in flour. Then brush with beaten eggs. Then finally roll in bread crumbs mixture.
- Brush the baking pan with olive oil, then place the chicken rolls.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Then layer each rolls with butter cubes. Let the butter melts on its top, the roll will absorb its flavor and will give a really nice smell.
- Bake for another 15 minutes.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY