Corn and Roasted Green Chile Fritters
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups corn kernels–either cut fresh from the cob or frozen
- 3 medium poblano chiles, roasted and diced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 2 tblspn lemon juice
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the flour until it gets smooth and creamy.
- Add all the other ingredients, making sure everything gets equally coated.
- Using two spoons, pick up about 2 tablespoons of dough and drop into a hot, lightly oiled skillet and flatten the top down.
- When the first side starts to brown, flip over and cook until both sides are brown and crispy.
- Place onto paper towels to cool and drain the excess oil.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY