Classic Genoise – Sponge Cake
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 2oz caster sugar
- 1 1/3oz melted butter
- 2oz cake flour
- 3/4oz corn flour
- Create a double boiler and whisk the eggs and sugar till slightly warm and foamy.
- Remove from heat and whisk to “ribbon stage”. (Drop and see a line).
- Sift flours over the batter and carefully fold in. (No lumps, be gentle and fold from bottom up).
- Stream warm melted butter and fold in. (Be careful not to over fold)
- Tip mixture into a buttered baking pan.
- Bake at 325F for about 20-25 minutess/ till cake is cooked.