Jump to recipe
- 1 (13-ounce) bag Snickers Miniatures, chopped
- 24 cupcake paper liners
- 1 (18-ounce) box favorite cake mix
- 2 (16-ounce) cans classic vanilla frosting
- Yellow food coloring
- 1 (14-ounce) bag Starburst Jellybeans Original Fruits
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tube chocolate decorating frosting, with plain tip
- 2 resealable plastic bags
- Unwrap and chop all miniatures, set aside.
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Prepare cake mix, fold in chopped miniatures and bake according to package directions.
- Let cupcakes come to room temperature.
- In the meantime, tint frosting with yellow food coloring to desired shade. Frost top of each cupcake to cover.
- Spoon remaining frosting into resealable plastic bag. Cut off 1/4-inch from tip. To create a “hive” on each cupcake, pipe on frosting in spiral fashion, starting with bottom of hive and working up to top.
- Separate orange jellybeans from package. Arrange 3 to 4 jellybeans on each frosting hive. Gently squeeze chocolate frosting through tip in zigzag pattern over jellybeans.
- Angle an almond slice on each side of jellybeans as bee wings.
For more cute dessert ideas visit: http://www.marsbrightideas.com/
Photo and Recipe courtesy of M&M/Mars