Jump to recipe
- bacon (any type)
- cinnamon rolls (I used pre-made refrigerated rolls from a tube)
- Bacon and cinnamon rolls are cooked at different temperatures and times, so we’ll need to pre-cook the bacon before rolling it into our rolls.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. I lined my baking sheets with aluminum foil then laid out bacon to cover the sheet. Bacon was cooked for about 10 minutes, until just barely done.The bacon should be flexible and safe to eat now, the bacon will crisp up after being rolled into the cinnamon rolls.
- Once bacon is removed from oven blot dry with a paper towel and leave to cool.
- Pop open a tube of the pre-made cinnamon rolls and separate them onto a non-stick work surface.
- Gently unroll the cinnamon roll completely, place a rasher of pre-cooked bacon on top and re-roll. Moisten the tail end of the cinnamon roll to secure it back onto itself and stop it from unrolling.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. To keep the rolls moist and gooey while baking make sure to bunch them together in the pan.
- Place rolls into oven for 25-30 minutes.
- You’ll know your rolls are done when the tops are a golden brown and the bacon is nice and crispy. Remove rolls from oven and pour on icing while still hot so that it melts all over the rolls and in between the folds.
- These bacony rolls won’t last long, so maybe put another batch in the oven.
If you want step-by-step photos, visit Instructables by clicking here!
Recipe and Photo: instructables.com / CC BY-NC-SA