Bacon Cheddar and Eggs in Wells Focaccia
If you don’t want to add greens or veggies of any sort, top with extra bacon and cheese. Herbs would be nice too.
- 1 1/3 cups warm tap water (about 110 degrees)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons (1 envelope) active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour ( I ended up using 1 more cup due to humidity)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 6 to 8 oz cheddar cheese, cubed
- 10 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese for the egg wells (a teaspoon per well)
- 2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and sliced (optional, or add your favorite vegetable(s)*
- arugula leaves (optional, or use your favorite greens)*
- 3-4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 medium or large eggs
- chopped chives
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small bowl,water sprinkle the yeast over the water. Add the 3 tablespoons olive oil and stir.
For full recipe instructions, visit Parsley, Sage, and Sweet by clicking here!
Recipe and Photo: Parsley, Sage, and Sweet / CC BY-ND