Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes – Summer may be behind us, but the smell of these cupcakes when they are baking will make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.
Summer may be behind us, but the smell of these cupcakes when they are baking will make you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.
- 1 pkg. Classic Yellow Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 (21 oz.) can of Duncan Hines Comstock Apple Pie Filling
- 1 can Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Frosting Starter (If you want)
- 1 packet Duncan Hines Frosting Creations Cinnamon Roll Flavor ( If you want)
- Ground cinnamon (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place cupcake liners in muffin pans. Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon and mix well.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners, filling them no more than two-thirds full.
- Place 1 to 2 slices of apple from the Duncan Hines® Comstock® Apple Pie Filling on top of each filled cupcake liner.
- Bake for 18 to 21 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cupcakes comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool for 5 minutes, then remove from pans to finish cooling.
- Pour packet of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Cinnamon Roll Flavor Mix into can of Duncan Hines® Frosting Creations™ Frosting Starter. Stir until evenly blended.
- Frost cupcakes with the Cinnamon Roll frosting you just created and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Recipe and Photo: Duncan Hines