Thin Mint Dessert Squares
- 21 Fudge mint cookies (1 1/4 cups finely chopped )
- 1 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 1 qt Vanilla Ice cream
- 1 container (8oz) Frozen Topping, thawed, divided
- 1?4 tsp peppermint extract
- 4-5 drops green food coloring (optional)
- fresh mint leaves
- Additional fudge mint cookies, cut in half (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Finely chop cookies using Food Chopper; place in Small Batter Bowl. Add butter, mix well. Press crumb mixture onto bottom of Square Baker. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool completely
- Place ice cream in fridge for 20 minutes to soften. Chill Classic Batter Bowl in Fridge at the same time. Place Baker with cooler crust in freezer
- Scoop ice cream into chilled Batter Bowl. Stir until softened & blended; gently fold in 2 cups of whipped topping, peppermint extract & food coloring. Spread ice cream mixture evenly over cold crust. Cover with aluminum foil; freeze 6 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, let stand at room temp 10 minutes. Attach open start tip to Easy Accent Decorator; fill with remaining whipped topping. Cut dessert into squares with knife dipped in warm water.
- Garnish each square. Add cookie half & mint leaves, if desired.
Want to make this a bit more grown up? Cut the Cool Whip in half, and use 4 oz. of Creme De Menthe.