Luscious Thai Chicken Pineapple Curry
- 2 chicken breast
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup bamboo shoots
- 12 red cherry tomatoes
- 2 Tbs red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves,minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar (if using canned pineapple omit)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 red pepper, sliced , extra spicy optional
- Fresh Cilantro or Basil leaves to garnish, optional
- In separate cutting boards dice the pineapple and chicken into thick bite size pieces.
- In a large pan or wok warm up oil, then add the chicken and cook all the way through.
- Next add the ginger and garlic, cook for a few minutes then add the curry paste stir to combine with chicken.
- Then add the chicken broth, sugar, turmeric, bamboo shoots, pineapple and fish sauce. Add this point you can also add the extra chili pepper if your using it. Under medium heat cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and stir, next add the cherry tomatoes and cook for another 5-8 minutes when the tomatoes should be soft.
- The coconut milk is added toward the end to prevent curdling.
- Done! or you can let it cook a bit longer until you are ready to serve. When serving you can add a couple of Fresh Basil or Cilantro leaves for decoration. Serve with steamed white rice.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY