- 1/2 lb. raw ginger, washed and chopped
- 6 medium sized lemons, juiced
- 1 cup raw honey
- Start by washing and chopping the ginger root.
- Place into a large pot with I quart (4 cups) of water. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the ginger is simmering, cut and juice the lemons.
- Strain the ginger while the liquid is hot.
- Add the hot ginger water to a large pot, add honey to the hot liquid. Add 3 more quarts (12 cups) of water and the lemon juice.
- The lemons and honey really mask the ginger, a flavor that can be quite overwhelming alone.
- It is great as a warm drink. You could add it to your favorite tea.
Recipe and Photo: Homemade and Wholesome / CC BY