Crockpot Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- 2 Tbl butter (coconut oil or ghee would also work well)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup sriracha
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used low-sodium)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 24-30 chicken wing pieces, drumettes and tips (about 3.5 pounds)
- sesame seeds and thinly-sliced scallion greens, to garnish (optional)
- Set your slow cooker to high and put in everything except the chicken. Once the butter is melted, stir all the ingredients together. Then add the wings and toss, making sure they are all coated in the sauce. Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Carefully remove the wings (they will be super tender and falling off the bone!) from the CrockPot and place on a large, foil-lined sheet pan. Pour the sauce from the slow cooker into a small pan on your stovetop and boil to reduce it. I used my little silicone brush to baste my wings a few times while the sauce was reducing. Once the sauce has reached the consistency you’d like, brush your wings with it. Put the sheet of wings under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes, until they are well caramelized.
- Serve with sesame seeds and scallions.
Recipe and Photo: Full Belly Sisters / CC BY-SA