Crock Pot Chicken Pot Pie
- 4-5 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large can (family size) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 4-5 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2.5 cups frozen vegetables – we prefer peas and carrots
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 pie crusts
- 1 egg white, or 1/4 cup melted butter to brush onto pie crusts
- In Crock Pot, combine chicken breasts, potatoes, frozen vegetables, cream of chicken soup and mix well. Add additional salt and pepper if desired.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is fully cooked. Use a sturdy spoon to break up the chicken after cooking. Preheat oven to 400. Prepare pie crusts. Spoon chicken filling into pie crust.
- Top with pie crust. Cut slits into the top crust to vent steam during baking. Cut excess crust from edges and pinch to seal.
- Brush with egg white or melted butter and bake for 20-30 minutes until crust is fully cooked and golden brown on top.
- Allow pies to cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting. Best served hot.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY