Tropical Breeze Mango-Coconut Cheesecake
- 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Grated zest of half a lime
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 (8-ounce) packages reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14-ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup Mango Jam
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 lime, thinly sliced
- 1 can sweetened whipped cream
- For Pie Crust: HEAT oven to 350°F. Toss together coconut, sugar and lime zest in a medium mixing bowl. Add butter and stir until crumbly. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch non-stick spring form pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until light brown. Allow to cool completely.
- For Filling: REDUCE oven temperature to 300°F. Beat cream cheese until smooth with an electric mixer on medium speed in a large mixing bowl. Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, beating until smooth. Add eggs, lime juice, vanilla extract and cornstarch, mixing until well combined.
- POUR cream cheese mixture into prepared crust. Stir in jam until smooth, drop dollops of jam on top of filling. Gently swirl jam with a knife until top of filling appears marbleized.
- BAKE for 55 to 60 minutes, or until center is set when jiggled. Place pan on wire rack to cool completely. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
Recipe and Photo: Eagle Brand