Swiss Chard Wraps – Simple, colorful swiss chard wraps filled with zucchini noodles, crisp red bell peppers, sautéed yellow cauliflower, and creamy slices of avocado.
- 6 large swiss chard leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 small head of orange cauliflower
- 1 and 1/2 TBS olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- pinch of salt
- 1 sprig of fresh basil, leaves finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchini (courgette)
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- 3-4 TBS Thai Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette (or your favorite sauce)
- Chop off the stems of the swiss chard at the point where it meets the leaf. You could stem the swiss chard entirely. I like leaving a bit of stem with the leaves to give better structure to the wraps.
- Chop the cauliflower into small pieces and pulse them in a food processor until it looks like rice. I usually pulse the cauliflower florets and the stalk together.
- Place the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once the pan is hot, add the garlic and let it fry for about a minute or two, or until the garlic starts to brown. Add the pulsed cauliflower rice and cook it for about 2-3 minutes. The cauliflower should turn into a vibrant yellow-orange color when it is cooked. Add a pinch of salt and chopped basil to the cauliflower and stir.
- Spiralize the zucchini with Blade B to create zucchini noodles. If you do not have a spiralizer, just create zucchini ribbons with a vegetable peeler.
- To assemble the wraps, place a large leaf flat down. Add a bit of sautéed cauliflower, zucchini noodles, red pepper, and avocado along the swiss chard stalk. Drizzle a bit of vinaigrette on top of the vegetables and wrap everything up.
- Enjoy these wraps as a side to your favorite protein! Feel free to dip these wraps in more sauce.
- These wraps are best consumed when they are freshly made. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY