Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- 2 cups strawberries, trimmed
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- Red food coloring (optional)
- Place strawberries in a medium bowl and mash with potato masher until crushed. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth.
- Add ½ cup of the milk, and beat just until combined.
- Add mashed strawberries, remaining milk, whipping cream, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, and, if desired, red food coloring. Beat until combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for 4 and a half hours before serving.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY