Recipe for Pepper Steak – Strips of beef and peppers are stir fried to create a delicious main dish, ready in no time! I love stir fried anything, and this pepper steak is always a huge hit!
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 1 large onion
- 2 green peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1 beef boullion cube
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Slice the flank steak into 1/2-inch wide strips.
- Slice the onion and green peppers into rings.
- In a large skillet or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium high heat.
- Brown the flank steak in the skillet, and remove. Pour off any excess fat.
- Add the ketchup, water, soy sauce, flour, boullion cube, and pepper to the skillet. Stir well, and heat to boiling.
- Add the browned meat strips and onion to the skillet, and cover.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the meat is tender. Stir occasionally to prevent the sauce from burning.
- Add the green peppers and mushrooms.
- Simmer 10 to 15 minutes longer, or until the peppers are crisply tender and the mushrooms have released their liquid.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY