Recipe for Fingerling Potatoes with Roasted Garlic and Chives – These potatoes are addicting! They make for a simple side dish that goes with anything.
Fingerling Potatoes with Roasted Garlic and Chives
- 2 lbs fingerling potatoes
- 1 small head of garlic
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- fresh chives
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Take the head of garlic and cut the top off exposing the cloves. Drizzle the garlic with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and place cut side down on a piece of aluminum foil.
- Close up the foil and pop in the oven for about 45 minutes. The garlic will be softened and lightly golden.
- Once cool enough to handle squeeze the cloves out and simply smooth the cloves out with the back of a spoon. Careful not to get any of the skin of the garlic in there.
- Toss the potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper. Place in a single layer onto a baking parchment lined baking sheet.
- Pop into the same 425 degree oven. Roast for about 35 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Once cooked to tender, toss the potatoes with the roasted garlic and chives. I used all the garlic but you can use a little less if you prefer. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY