- 4 zucchini – shredded
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 small onion – chopped
- ¼ cup chopped – Fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Shred the zucchini into a bowl and add the chopped onion.
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder and seasonings.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and parsley add to the zucchini and mixture and then add the dry ingredients and stir until incorporated.
- Let this mixture sit for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a large cast iron frying pan with a tablespoon or two of olive oil. (You may need and extra tablespoon during the sautéing process.)
- Spoon the batter into the frying pan. Do not overcrowd the pan. When cooked on one side flip and finish cooking to a nice golden color. This will take about 2 -3 minutes on each side. Do not make the heat too hot or you will burn them.
- Serve with a little sour cream.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY