Southwestern Chicken Skillet Dinner
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can reduced sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ? cup water
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Flour tortillas
- In a small bowl combine cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and cayenne. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken, toss to coat.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken to pan in a single layer. Brown chicken and continue to cook until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes; transfer to bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and bell pepper to pan. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Return chicken to the pan, add the beans, corn, and water. Stir to combine.
- Cook until beans and corn are heated through.
- Stir in cilantro.
- Serve on flour tortillas and top with Monterey Jack cheese.
Recipe and Photo: Pick Fresh Foods / CC BY