- 1 tablespoon +2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oils
- 2-4 tablespoons of water
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce (found in the Asian section of most supermarkets- you could probably make this yourself, but I had this on hand)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon.
For frying the chicken
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup (give or take) coconut oil
- In a small bowl, mix all batter ingredients EXCEPT the water together. Add water tablespoon by tablespoon until you get a smooth, brownie batter consistency.
- Cover the batter and refrigerate.
- In another small bowl, mix together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- On the stove over medium high-high heat, melt about half the coconut oil.
- Pour half the batter over the chicken breasts, and place the chicken into the hot oil BATTER SIDE DOWN.
- Pour remaining batter over the chicken that is facing up.
- Fry the chicken for 5-8 minutes on each side, or until chicken is no longer pink. If needed, add more oil.
- Cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Heat the sauce in the microwave or stove top and pour over the chicken.
Recipe and Photo: Guiltless Glutton / CC BY