Baked Brie and Sundried Tomato Dip
- about 8-10 oz. Brie
- 2 oz. sun dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 heaping teaspoon of dried thyme or 3/4 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- fresh cracked black pepper
- Baguette or crackers
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Remove rind from Brie, then cut brie into cubes.
- In small bowl, combine sun dried tomatoes, garlic, thyme, fresh cracked black pepper.
- In baking dish, layer the base with about 1/3 of the sun dried tomato mixture, then top with 1/2 of the chopped brie. Repeat the layering until the top layer is the sun dried tomato mixture.
- Allow the layering to at least reach the rim of the baking dish. The dip will melt down considerably.
- Bake in oven for about 30 minutes, or until the brie completely melts and becomes bubbly. You may need to stir the dip one time, about 15 minutes into the baking to combine the layers.
- Serve warm, with bread or crackers.
Recipe and Photo: Chicho’s Kitchen / CC BY-NC-ND