Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cup flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 pkg cream cheese, cut into 1 tsp cubes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and position a rack in the center. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and set them aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the butter and sugar until it’s light and fluffy. Blend in the lemon zest, juice and eggs. Make sure to scrape off any bits of zest that stick to the mixer paddle.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour then mix it into the wet ingredients. Gently fold in the blueberries so as not to burst any. Refrigerate the dough for about 15 – 20 minutes to make it stiff enough to roll.
- For each cookie, roll 1 heaping tbsp of dough into a ball then flatten it slightly into a disc shape. Place a 1 tsp cream cheese cube into the center and form the dough around it creating a ball again. Bake them for about 10 – 14 minutes until the edges brown slightly. Transfer them to a cooling rack and enjoy!
Recipe and Photo: They Call Me Loopy / CC BY-SA