- 10 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups warm milk
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup melted butter (3 sticks)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 2 + 4-5 cups bread flour
- 1 -1 1/2 cup raisins (I prefer jumbo or golden raisins) soaked in hot water for 10 min and drained.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons choice of milk,heavy cream,squeezed lemon juice,or squeezed orange juice
- Combine warm milk with 2 cups flour and yeast.Mix well and set aside covered.
- In a stand mixer,whip egg yolks with sugar.
- Gradually add vanilla,salt,oil and butter to egg yolks.Add milk and flour mixture to egg yolk and butter.Mix until well combined.
- Replace whisk attachment with dough hook attachment.
- Add in 4 cups of flour and raisins.
- Mix dough well.
- Cover dough with plastic cover and towel.
- Place the bowl with dough in the warmest place in your house or microwave (don’t turn it on).Let the dough rise(about 2 hours).
- Divide dough among all molds and let it rise.(about 20 minutes)
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes depending on the size of your molds and until the outside is golden brown.
To make glaze:
- Combine powdered sugar with milk,cream,lemon juice,or orange juice.
- Apply to the tops of easter bread/paska when cooled at room temperature.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY