Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- 8 Chicken thighs, boneless (trim fat well)
- 1 package bacon
- 4 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 to 2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp parsley
- 1 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place cream cheese in a large glass bowl and microwave for 15 seconds, just till softened. Add sour cream, shredded cheese, paprika, parsley, garlic, a dash of salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Mix well, then add rice and mix again. Set aside.
- Lay the boneless chicken thighs (well trimmed of fat) out on a cutting board and season with tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Next, spoon cheesy rice mixture onto each thigh. Roll up chicken and wrap with two slices of bacon per thigh. I didn’t need toothpicks, but if you think your thighs won’t stay closed, use the toothpicks to keep thigh shut, bacon secure and stuffing in.
- Once chicken is stuffed and wrapped, place in a shallow baking dish and bake uncovered for 35 minutes. Turn oven up to 500 degrees and cook for 10 more minutes or until bacon is browned and crisp. Remove from oven when done and plate immediately. If you leave in baking dish, make sure to drain bacon grease.
- All you have to do now is add some steamed broccoli, and you’ve got yourself a seriously delicious meal. Oh, and feel free to experiment with the stuffing. You could add spinach, spices, herbs, olive. Gosh. Your choices are endless! And, for a healthier version, use chicken breast and wrap in tin foil. I know, I know. Kind of defeats the purpose, but, definitely better for those that are watching their waistline as well as their wallets.
Recipe and Photo: $10 Buck Dinners / CC BY-SA