Bacon and Cheddar Muffins
- 4 strips of bacon
- 1 egg
- 2 cups of Bisquick
- 3/4 cup of cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 TBS butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400 and line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until nice and crispy.
- Remove from skillet, allowing bacon to cool, crumble and set aside.
- In a large bowl lightly whisk egg.
- Add Bisquick, milk, butter, and chili powder and mix until combined.
- Fold in cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tin- filling each about 3/4 full.
- Transfer to oven and bake 16-19 minutes or until muffins have lightly browned.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Serve with eggs.
If you want to use up some of your leftover Easter ham, slice off some of that and use it in place of the bacon.
Recipe and Photo: Sweet E Bakes