Seared Mahi Mahi Over Spinach
- 4 cups chopped baby spinach
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tsp olive oil or cooking oil
- ¼ cup red jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 small red or yellow sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 lb fresh mahi mahi fillets, ¾ to 1 inch thick
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Plunge spinach into boiling water for 1 minute.
- Remove from water, dry and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a large skillet cook onion in the 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat until tender and slightly golden, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the jalapeno jelly.
- Add sweet pepper; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir onion mixture into spinach; cover and set aside. Wipe skillet clean.
- Meanwhile, rinse fish; pat dry with paper towels.
- Cut fish into 4 serving-size pieces. Sprinkle fish with the salt and pepper.
- In the same large skillet heat the 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat.
- Add fish and cook for 2 minutes on each side to sear.
- Reduce heat to medium; cook about 5 minutes more or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Transfer fish to a serving platter; cover and keep warm.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly to skillet.
- Cook and stir until melted; spoon over fish.
- Toss spinach mixture with vinegar. Serve spinach mixture with fish.
Recipe and Photo: recipes.wikia.com / CC BY-SA