Oven Roasted Chicken and Potatoes
- 2 tsp. dried herbs such as parsley
- 2 or 3 chives, chopped thinly
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 3 tbsp. EVOO
- 1 (3-1/2 to 4–lb.) whole roasting chicken
- 1-1/2 to 2 lb. small red potatoes, unpeeled, halved
- Heat oven to 450°F. In small bowl, combine herbs, chives, salt, pepper and oil; mix well. Place chicken, breast side down, in shallow roasting pan. Arrange potatoes around chicken in pan. Drizzle half of oil mixture over potatoes; stir to mix. Bake at 450°F. for 20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Spoon some of remaining oil mixture over chicken and potatoes; stir potatoes. Turn chicken breast side up. Return to oven; bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F. Drizzle remaining oil mixture over chicken and potatoes; stir potatoes. Return to oven; bake an additional 40 to 50 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, and potatoes are all tender. Then take out and turn chicken breast side down for pretty presentation and serve.
Recipe and Photo: Ordinary Recipes Made Gourmet / CC BY