Create a new picnic and party tradition with this delicious Guacamole Potato Salad made with red potatoes and Fresh Avocados. With only six ingredients it is surprisingly simple to make and tastes good.
Creamy Vegan Avocado Potato Salad
- 1 1/2 Lbs New Potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 Large Ripe Avocado
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt, or to taste
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Mixed Chopped Herbs, Try dill&chives, cilantro&scapes or parsley&tarragon – or mix and match them all together.
- Steam the potatoes until they are just fork tender but al dente.
- Cool until the potatoes can be handled, then quarter.
- Peel and dice the avocado and combine with the potatoes and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Stir in the herbs, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss well to coat everything and to break down some of the softened avocado.
Recipe: Vegan Visitor
Photo: California Avocado Commission