Chocolate Fudge Strawberry Cream Filled Cupcakes
Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes:
- 1 Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter (butter not margarine)
- 1 cup water
Strawberry Whipped Cream (filling)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 teaspoons chopped/processed strawberries
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 4 cups powdered confectioners sugar
Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes Directions:
- Mix on low until blended, then mix on high for 2 mins.
- Pour into paper lined cupcake pans. Bake for 20 min. at 350
Strawberry Whipped Cream (filling) Directions:
- Chop strawberries in blender (I used my Magic Bullet) just until they look thick and “liquidy”. I used really large strawberries and it took 4 to make 5-6 Tablespoons.
- Beat whipping cream, and vanilla until it starts to thicken.
- Mix in sugar.
- Fold in strawberries.
- WARNING – this stuff is DELICIOUS – so I advise you NOT to taste any until AFTER you’ve finished with your cupcakes…..otherwise you may not have any left for the cupcakes!
Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting Directions:
- Place butter in a large mixing bowl and blend slightly. Add cream cheese and blend until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add the cocoa powder( before adding the sugar, so it gets fully incorporated into the butter and cream cheese.)
- Add vanilla extract and powdered sugar and blend on low speed until combined. Increase to medium speed and beat until it begins to get fluffy.
- Slowly add the heavy cream, a little bit at a time until desired consistency is met. (Don’t add too much if you want the frosting to stay in place when piped on cupcakes.)
- Beat until fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Use at once or keep refrigerated. (This frosting will keep well in the refrigerator for several days, but you may need to re-beat it for the best texture.)
Directions for filling cupcakes
- Bake cupcakes and cool completely
- Cut out a small section in the center of the cupcake (save in bowl)
- Add strawberry whipped cream to the hole
- Replace the tops (just do the best you can – or you could just leave them off)
- Pipe chocolate frosting on top of cupcake with 1M tip.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY