Chocolate Banana Bread with Bourbon Glaze
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 3 bananas, very ripe, mashed
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 5½ tsp bourbon (1 tbsp plus 2½ tsp)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease and flour a loaf pan, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, and sugar.
- In a small bowl, beat together the butter, bananas, yogurt, eggs, vanilla, and bourbon.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry until just combined, and pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake for about 50 to 55 minutes (ovens will vary, so start checking for doneness after 45 minutes).
- Allow to cool completely, then pour the glaze over the top and allow to set before serving.
Recipe and Photo: The Haute Meal / CC BY-SA