Chicken and Veggie Egg Rolls
- 1/2 pkg Egg Roll wrappers
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 2 large Carrots, diced or julienned
- 1 1/2 cups chopped chicken
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp minced/grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, saute veggies (except for bean sprouts) in a dash of oil for no more than 2 to 3 minutes. Season with pepper, garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Continue cooking for 1 more minute, then add bean sprouts. Toss and remove mixture from pan to cool.
- Heat 1/4 to 1/2 cup canola oil to medium, high heat, in frying pan. Oil should be at least 1/2 inch deep. While oil heats, prepare egg rolls.
- Lay egg roll wrappers flat, fill with chicken and veggie mixture and roll. Seal with a paste of water and a little flour or an egg wash. I’ve done both and didn’t notice a bit of difference. Water alone doesn’t do that great of a hold, so if you don’t want to waste an egg, just add some flour to your water.
- Once your egg roll is made, place in hot oil with the sealed end down first. Cook and turn till entire egg roll is nicely browned. Serve with soy sauce, teriyaki or your own mixture.
Recipe and Photo: $10 Buck Dinners / CC BY-SA