Carrot and Raisin Breakfast Muffins
- ¾ cup spelt flour or unprocessed bran
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk or milk with 1 tablespoon white vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 carrots – grated
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat Oven 350 degrees:
- Prepare muffin tins with butter.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the above ingredients and mix with a spoon.
- Bake the muffins 15 – 20 minutes or until toothpick test comes out clean.
- Serve with cream cheese or honey.
Recipe and Photo: Foodista / CC BY